Dates & fees
- October Call for entries - Early bird ($149)
- End of Nov Early bird ends - Full price ($199) starts
- Mid December Closing of Entries
- January Nominees announced + People’s Champ voting + Judging starts
- March Winners announced
For image submission guidelines, please visit image requirements.
Guidelines for eligibility
Pixel Awards is open to all companies, organizations and individuals involved in making the best work in digital.
- Work submitted must have been publicly released, no spec work*.
- Past entries or winners are eligible for current judging.
- Eligible entries must be for work launched no later than October 19, 2015.
- Rights and ownership for work submitted, must be cleared by entrant.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
Pixel Awards appreciates comp, prototype and spec concepts can lead to exceptional work. Our goal is to reward and elevate work that has been tested by the best in the industry and by the public. All entries submitted to Pixel Awards must have been commissioned by a client, and publicly engaged & accessible as of October 1, 2014.*Entry Exceptions Eligibility:
Applicable works submitted for entry to the following categories are not subject to commissioning by a client:
- News & Publications
- Student, Personal & Portfolio
- Best of Instagram
Entries deemed ineligible may be disqualified at any phase of entry review or judging without notification at Pixel Awards sole discretion.Acknowledgement of your Entry
You will receive email acknowledgment when an entry has been received and payment processed.Entry and Usage Policy Terms and Conditions
Pixel Awards assumes all work submitted is original and the entrant owns the work or has permission from authorized parties to enter the work and all rights granted therein. Work submitted without such rights is subject to disqualification. Pixel Awards is not liable for copyright infringement on the part of entrant.
Submission of any entry by any entrant acknowledges the right of Pixel Awards to use it for promotion, publication, and exhibition purposes in any medium.Award Policy
The details and methods Pixel Awards announces nominations and awards are strictly at the discretion of Pixel Awards. All entrants understand awards may not be awarded, distributed or publicized in the same way.Foreign Language Entries
Entries from all countries are welcome.
- If you have released versions of the work in English, we suggest you submit this version.
- Google translate will be utilized to review work submitted in non-English languages.
Pixel Awards Jury + judges will: Select up to 10 entries per category for final judging. Announce up to 5 finalist nominees per category. Announce People’s Champ winner per category. Announce Jury winners by category.Criteria
Pixel Awards judges look for a creative and technical blend of exceptional design, artistry, technological expertise, and a powerful, stimulating user experience.
Entries are judged through the following lenses:
- Innovation Brings something new to mix, inspires and advances our industry.
- Content All the words, music, animation, video, and info on the site.
- Navigation How users can delightfully and effortlessly move around.
- Visual design Graphic appearance.
- Functionality Efficient use of technology, interactivity, and usability.
- Overall experience All of the above combined, the overall impression.
Potential for conflicts of interest may arise. Pixel Awards addresses these promptly, and we are committed to minimizing conflicts and ensuring the best work is elevated and recognized.
Pixel Awards staff does not select Nominees, Winners or People’s Champ, nor does Pixel Awards influence the Jury or individual judges in any way.
Pixel Awards selects the Jury and individual judges by invitation only, and are selected for being best in class leaders and respected creators in the digital industry. Pixel Awards selects jury candidates based on their ability to be objective and knowledgeable in each category.
Nominees and Winners are entirely subject to Jury choices, who select and vote through an independent process. Finalists are audited by vote tabulation.
People’s Champ are entirely in the hands of and determined by the public.
Pixel Awards judges may not vote for any entry which present a conflict of interest for individual judges. Pixel Awards monitors this closely using the personal integrity of each judge.
The awardSponsored Prizes
Pixel Awards is pleased to have the support of industry leading companies. Winners will receive limited prizes subject to the terms and conditions for each sponsored product or product offering.Trophy
Pixel Awards trophies will be available for purchase by category Winners and People’s Champ after winners in each category are announced.
Cost of each trophy is $399 not including shipping and handling.